Call for CIRRUS Secretariat 2024 – 2027. Deadline August 23
EXTENDED DEADLINE: AUGUST 23, 2023 (instead of August 17)
An open call has been issued for the CIRRUS Secretariat for the 2024-2027 term (January 1, 2024 – January 1, 2027). The network’s activities are coordinated by the Secretariat, which is located within one of the member organizations (currently the Estonian Academy of Arts, EKA) for a three-year term, with the possibility of re-application. The Secretariat is financed by 50% membership fees (currently €1,000 per year per institution as of 2013) and may receive additional funding from other sources, such as Nordplus (5% from each annual contract), annual allocations, or other programs related to network activities.
An overview of the Secretariat’s tasks can be found in the CIRRUS Collaboration Agreement.
The CIRRUS Secretariat guidelines state that:
- The Secretariat is placed at one of the member institutions for three years with the possibility of re-application.
- The Secretariat is responsible for carrying out tasks related to network functioning, including:
- Composing and submitting annual applications and reports to the Nordic Council of Ministers.
- Administering and managing the network’s funds, including grants from Nordplus and the network’s finances.
- Transferring mobility grants and project funds to member institutions according to the program’s rules and network decisions.
- Coordinating network projects and collaborative projects.
- Organizing the network’s annual meetings and teacher seminars in collaboration with the network’s board.
Interested CIRRUS institutions must submit a written application, including a statement of motivation (max 400 words), no later than August 23, 2023.
After this deadline, all valid applications will be accessible to CIRRUS board and members, and the decision will be made at the election during the network meeting in Helsinki, Aalto Arts network meeting between September 27 – 29, 2023.
Statement of Motivation – Requirements
A statement of motivation for the Secretariat should:
- Include a vision and ideas on how the Secretariat’s support of the network may be developed further.
– Reflect institutional commitment (written statement from the home institution signed by the authorised person).
For further information and questions about application submission, please contact CIRRUS board member:
Satu Miettinen, email@example.com