Digital Weaving. University of Bergen
Course title: Construction & Context II DIGITAL WEAVING
Subject area: Textile
Construction & Context II – Digital Weaving course
Teaching period: Weeks 9-11, 26 February – 16 March 2019
Teacher(s):Kristina Aas and Kari Dyrdal
Number of available place for Cirrus students: 3
Requirements:Core course in weaving and basic knowledge in digital tools is required.
Application deadline: 20 November, 2018
How to apply:Please send a motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant for selected students: CIRRUS/Nordplus rate – 330 EUR travel (Iceland 660 EUR) + 70 EUR weekly allowance (per week)
• Give access to knowledge relevant for artistic development and production of artwork in different context
• Prepare towards exhibition entry
- Theory on building motives in woven textiles by using two or more warp and weft systems.
- Individual tutoring on artistic processes
- Basic and complex theory on weaves
- Construction of weaves and combinations in one or more layers /systems.
- Introduction to different software: Weave Point
Nedgraphics (Texelle / Product Creator)
- Experiments / sampling in digital dobby looms, TC-1, TC-2 and digital Jacquard.
- Preparation of files for handlooms and industrial power looms
- Study trip to a weaving factory