New! CIRRUS express course DIGITAL WEAVING in Bergen
CIRRUS EXPRESS COURSE
When: 18 January-26 February (weeks 3-8).
Teaching staff: Jon Pettersen and Signe Halle
Aim: To introduce methods in weaving with a range of tools on different technological levels, and to challenge the students to find new approaches to construction and building of 2D and 3D art objects and design.
- Introduction to the art of weaving for different application and context
- Theory for weaving constructions by using one or more thread systems in warp and weft
- Experiments by using mechanical and digital looms (TC-1, TC-2 and the old jacquard loom with a new digital system)
- Methods for developing motives and patterns by using Photoshop in combination with Nedgraphics software
- Preparing files for hand weaving and/or industrial production
One day seminar:
As part of the program there will be an open seminar on Friday 12 February. International and domestic artists, research fellows and teachers will give presentations.
As a final part of the project it will be possible to visit the factory Innvik Sellgren AS to experience the process of industrial weaving. The location is about 6 hours by bus north of Bergen and the participants must cover the expenses for travel and hotel. The weaving of students work at the factory will be subsidized, but not free.
Cirrus students: 2
CIRRUS scholarship: 330 travel (660 Iceland) + 420 EUR for living costs
Level: BA and MA
Credits: 9 ECTS
Please write a brief letter of motivation explaining why you wish to participate in the course and send it to email@example.com.
Application deadline: 30 November, 2015